Online course fee : RM259 / SGD85*Price in RM excludes 6% SST - sales and service tax
CEUs: NASM 0.4, NSCA 0.3
Presented by Dr. Micheal Clark & Aaron Nelson, Team Physical Therapist and Head Athletic Trainer, respectively, of the Phoenix Suns Exercises modeled by NBA All-Star Grant Hill Video demonstration Downloadable text Online CEU exam Downloadable sample programs The National Academy of Sports Medicine is proud to announce the release of "Corrective Exercise Strategies for Basketball," a new course developed in partnership with the National Basketball Athletic Trainers Association (NBATA).
NASM serves as the official provider of sports medicine education for the NBATA, and currently 93% of NBA athletic trainers hold the NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) and/or Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) advanced specialization.
The online course material offers a systematic assessment and advanced corrective exercise strategy to correct common lower extremity dysfunctions seen in basketball.
- Human movement dysfunction
- Human movement science
- Common lower extremity and torso movement compensations (e.g. feet turn out/flatten, knees move inward, excessive forward lean)
- Assessment techniques (e.g. Overhead Squat, Single-leg Squat, Goniometric Measurement, Manual Muscle Testing)
- Corrective strategies using the traditional corrective exercise continuum model (e.g. inhibit, lengthen, activate, integrate)
- Advanced techniques (e.g. soft tissue release, myopractic techniques, neuromuscular stretching, positional isometrics)
*Note Corrective Exercise Strategies for Basketball candidates must have one of the following professional titles: Athletic Trainer, Chiropractor, Licensed Massage Therapist, or Physical Therapist NOTE: This course content is delivered 100% online.