Foam Rolling Principles & Practices
- To define foam rolling along with the history of foam rolling
- Understand the contraindications associated with foam rolling
- Learn the foundations of self-myofascial release
- Understand the terminology associated with self-myofascial release
- Learn the anatomical, biomechanical benefits of foam rolling
- Learn the TriggerPoint™ coaching & cueing techniques
- Learn foam rolling methods appropriate for specific releases along the kinetic chain
- Understand and apply the methods of foam rolling into population specific programmin
- TriggerPoint™ GRID® Foam Roller - Our hollow core and sturdy EVA foam construction makes the GRID® firmer than a traditional foam roller - and our proprietary 3-dimensional surface allows blood and oxygen to flow while you roll. The GRID® uses less foam than an ordinary foam roller and is backed by a 1-year warranty.
Myofascial Compression™ Techniques
Learn the evolution of foam-rolling with TriggerPoint™ Performance Kit in level 2, which is designed to increase mobility and improve performance through improved biomechanics. This eight-hour training provides hands-on knowledge, focusing on the practical application of TriggerPoint™ education backed by scientific research. Participants will leave this course with an in-depth knowledge of how to use and how to apply MCT in order to increase their clients' performance and training results.
- Outline the applications of Myofascial Compression Techniques
- Understand the contraindications of Myofascial Compression Techniques
- Review the foundations of Myofascial Compression Techniques
- Understand the terminology associated with Myofascial Compression Techniques
- Learn the anatomical and biomechanical benefits of Myofascial Compression techniques
- Review current research supporting Myofascial Compression Techniques
- Learn the Trigger Point™ coaching and cueing techniques
- Learn the methods and tools appropriate for specific releases along the kinetic chain
- Understand and apply the methods taught for specific populations
- TriggerPoint™ Massage Ball - The TP Massage Ball is the most versatile self-massage tool. It allows individuals to manipulate the neck, back, shoulders, hips, and other areas using the floor, wall, or any hard surface.
- TriggerPoint™ Foot Baller™ - TriggerPoint™ Foot Baller™ tool is the only tool on the market that effectively targets the soleus region.
- TriggerPoint™ Baller Block - The TP Baller Block is used to elevate the foot and lower leg allowing the foot to relax which will optimise the massage.
- TriggerPoint™ QuadBaller™ - The QuadBaller™ tool is a tool designed to focus on large muscle groups such as the quadriceps and glutes.
Assessments to Performance
In TriggerPoint™ Level 3, the MB5 tool till be used to further work deep tissue releases especially reaching the places of the body that are "hard-to-reach".
- Introduce foundational concepts of the integration system of Human Movement Science and Anatomy.
- Introduce the advanced techniques for self- myofascial release.
- Present assessment logic needed to create the most optimal program to be tailored to each client.
- Identify the basic anatomy of selected regions.
- Design and implement efficient foam rolling program according to client's needs and capabilities.
- MB5 - The MB5 is one of the many massage balls developed by TriggerPoint™. The MB5 holds a 5" diameter, the largest massage ball available from TriggerPoint™. The MB5 constructed with few layers of multi-variable density foams, making the density consistent within itself. The MB5 can be applied with greater pressure as it would penetrate deeper into the soft tissue, hence increasing muscle extensibility and tissue strength. The MB5 has the optimal diameter to reach "hard- to-reach" places especially around the pelvic and shoulder girdles.